Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How to Trick-or-Treat without loosing your macho rep

Actually I'm pretty sure nobody reading this has a macho rep. Sorry. Anyway, the way to do it is scowl at the treat-giver, and point to the bowl of candy in an authoritative manner. If they don't respond correctly, and especially if they try to give you that "Well aren't you cute?" crap, just grab a heaping handful of candy. Then hand it to your peeps, who are carrying your little pumpkin-shaped bucket, 'cause you're way too cool for that thing. That's right: you look tough even with that little glowstick. You're rocking the Hallowizzle.

That's the Widge method, anyway. Poor kid, its hard to look really hardcore when you're only three feet tall. But trick-or-treat was a huge success, we were out for about 45 minutes, which is how long it took for him to get that glazed-over look. And to all those cynics out there: he really does eat the candy. Not the jolly ranchers and the now-and-laters, but all the chocolate stuff, sweet tarts, even some gummies. Which is most of the candy anyway. As to that stuff he can't eat, well, I carry him to most of the places, and I did carry his bucket around, and I also made the costume, two years in a row, so I'm thinking the kid doesn't begrudge me a jolly rancher.

Also, big props to IHOP. I know some of you have had some bad experiences, but our local IHOP rocks, and the Widge got a free meal for wearing his costume. I'll continue to go there even after the new Denny's gets built.

No photos, because I don't feel like messing with the disc. I do have a cute one of the Widge lining up cars, but he's naked, and this is not a nudist blog. Cute train photos coming soon.

2 comments:

MnFork said...

i might have a macho rep some where...

engineeredmadness said...

hooray for widge trick or treating