Tuesday, October 16, 2007

All Wet


We went swimming today at the nifty indoor pool, which you can see fairly well in the background of this very grainy photo of Husband and Widge:

This brings me to an interesting point. Being mired in the past, I'm very, very new to the world of facebook and my space, a world where people halfway across the planet know as much about your daily life as your family. I'm not sure I fully understand the comfort level these whippersnappers have with all this sharing, and certainly here in blog-land I've deleted and revised posts before publishing, because I don't think the world needs all the details, and also to protect the innocent. So, is it ethical to put up photos without express permission from the relations involved? I have, for example, a sweet photo of Widge splashing with Uncle Lt. Stan. Can I post that, or might the Lt. prefer the option of reviewing it first? The husband, of course, lost most of those rights when we got married. Its in my own best interest not to post anything that reflects poorly on him in general, certainly nothing that could affect his career life, although honestly I can't think of anything that bad anyway. But photos of him parenting in bathing suits, silly hats, etc, I feel the right to use. But to be fair, I'll include the following photo in which I appear in a bathing suit:
Anyway, the pool is great, and the Widge loves to swim. He really just loves water: some days he takes three or four baths, and usually squeezes in a shower or two. He's a very cleanly fellow. He can now count to two, and if given a line of trucks, will happily count them: "one, two, one, two, one, two..."

Also, we're on Tooth Watch now. Any day, a new tooth might spring forth. Stay tuned for exciting details.

1 comment:

engineeredmadness said...

oh little skip! I would say yes, you can post said picture of me and the widge. I hope you are having much fun with your blog and all.