Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Eeeek!


yup, its been a long, long time since I posted. I lost my password. Honest. Plus we moved and my computer was in a box somewhere, and then I got the laptop but couldn't remember my blog address...anyway...

So I'm including a photo of the Widget helping to garden. He loves all the dirt. He has a new favorite show: Curious George, which is fine by me because: 1) its not Barney, 2) theres nothing else on at 3 PM, and 3) the Man in the Yellow Hat isn't bad looking, for a fictional animated character. Lately, however, Widge has been asleep at 3. Curious George also comes on at 8 AM, but thats also when Little Einsteins are on. With all their classical music and art appreciation. Now, if Curious George were up against the Higglytown Heros, George would win, hands down.

I' m okay with the concept of auto mechanics and plumbers being heros. I can even turn a blind eye to the episode where the cow is a hero. After all, ice cream is a serious necessity and without cows, there'd be none. But in one episode, the camel is a hero. First of all, how many camels are there wandering around your town, helping folks out? No, wait--first of all, isn't it true that heroics imply some degree of free will? The plumber doesn't have to unclog your toilet at 2 AM, after all (unless he wants a repeat customer). The auto mechanic is only a hero if he choses not to overcharge. But camels don't seem to have that sort of option. A camel never calls in sick, no matter how much he wants to watch the NFL draft instead of schlepping a bunch of crap across the desert.

Of course I could be wrong. Camels might be highly altruistic creatures. Maybe the show is justified in naming them as heros.

The pack mule, on the other hand...

1 comment:

engineeredmadness said...

awww... its like techno skip! Facebook, laptop, blog... now you really need a gmail account so you can be all sorts of super cool! Oh yes, and you should be able to put a website on your facebook profile so that you can have the link to your blog easily available. Cause after a while if people write on your wall then your post will get pushed into a back corner.

Stan