Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

So many thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. It was really nice, mostly because the Widge was a sweetie, and gave nice cuddles, and was just plain fun to hang out with.

So people kept asking if I feel older, and I do, but that's since the Widge was born. I think its not so much that I feel old, but rather that I accept my oldness. See, I now have a bathrobe, a full-on sign of age (unless you're a newlywed or Hollywood Golden Age starlet with one of those silky robes, that's different.). It could be worse: its not a Babci-style housecoat, the short-sleeve, knee-length cotton thing with the tacky flower print, the sort of housecoat that can only be correctly accessorized with curlers, men's athletic socks, scuffy slippers and a cigarette. But on the other hand it isn't the men's Woolrich work shirt I used to wear over my itty bitty tank top jammies way back when I was young. All the same I like my robe, and it does, in fact keep me warm, unlike the tacky housecoat, whose main function seems to be announcing the fact that the wearer is , in fact, a Babci (or possibly a Babushka: but they tend to wear actual babushkas in clashing tacky floral prints over their curlers).

Anyway, we found a new toy store that we like, and the Widge liked it too, although he never made it more than ten feet in, where the little Schleich animals were. He proceeded to line them up in complex arrangements, and identify each one, more than likely as a "moo". He got a cool Playmobil train, but those little engineers need a better union, because ours spent most of the day locked in solitary in a clear rubbermaid for some reason.

Anyway, Widge is crabbing, and for some reason I've got this underline thing now, so enough post for the moment!

2 comments:

engineeredmadness said...

a very merry unbirthday to you indeed!

momk said...

why a clear plastic thingy for the engineer.