Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adventures in American History


According to the Travel Channel, I've been to four of the top ten creepiest destinations ever: the Mutter Museum in Philly, the Tower of London, Salem Massachusetts, and, key to this post, Gettysburg.

Since we just got back from Gettysburg today, and I saw the creepiest places show just now, I'll include my cemetery photos here.

Now look, I don't want any comments about it being disrespectful for the Widgie to run among the graves. He's 2. Aside from that, don't you think each poor, deceased soldier would have loves to hear a child's happy laugh just once more? Didn't these guys all fight for the sort of freedom that allows us to leave our hometown and travel across state lines to visit historical sites? The point here is, here's this town who's very name is synonymous with death, misery, tragedy, but here's this little boy, just so happy o be alive and running around in the sunshine.


an unknown Zouave from PA. These markers are laid out in semicircles by state, and I was stepping over this one to grab the Widge or check out a monument or something, and I glanced down and saw this, and thought it would be a great photo. I don't usually take photos that don't include people I know.so here's the last one, the Widge enjoying a "boomy gun"

No comments: