Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundhogs and Poems

Apparently there's a southern groundhog, mentioned on the W Blog. I've heard there's some weather-predicting crayfish in LA as well. I hereby state the Official Skip Position of Weather-Predicting Creatures of Any Type: there is only one Phil, folks. I'm not saying he's always right, but I am saying that he is a national institution, and should not be tampered with. I'm sure he's flattered by the profusion of wanna-bes.

Also, apparently there is a Silent Poetry Reading that occurs in Blogland on 2 Feb. This year is the third reading. So, for my turn, I'll be reading Vade Mecum, by Billy Collins (I found it in the book club book for February, Sailing Alone Around the Room). If you're so inclined, also look up his poem Taking off Emily Dickinson's clothes, which is, subject-wise, about exactly what it says. I like it, but I'm not sure you blogfans are that forgiving of my poetic sensibilities.

No comments: