Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trees!


visited the VA arboretum today!
the Widge loved it, because there were rocks to climb and fields to run though. Luckily for him, it wasn't until the end of our visit that I noticed a helpful sign asking visitors to not climb on rock walls, since they are apparently a preferred residential zone for friendly neighborhood copperheads.
Look, there's the Widge with Grandma! Grandma is the real nature fan here. I think nature is just swell, but not so much so that I'd want to actually maintain any of it on an ongoing basis. Grandma, on the other hand, is an aficionado, she maintains all sorts of natural things, like her yard, the houseplants, the dog, the compost heap, etc. The Widgie is deeply grateful to Grandma for having such a nice yard.And I'm sure the rest of you are grateful to Grandma for taking the photo of me!

1 comment:

engineeredmadness said...

Hooray for trees! And a lovely little post.