Friday, July 25, 2008

Catching up a little

because life is never dull.

So a few weekends ago was the county fair, little bit cute. The Widge was delighted to meet some animals up close, like the gigantic turkey:
well, he doesn't look delighted, but that is an awfully big turkey. He doesn't look specially tast, but I'm guessing thats because there isn't any cranberry sauce nearby. Anyway, there were also a lot of very small goats. The Widge recently got a story book that claims goats can range from 22-220 pounds. First off, I think this goat is less than 22 pounds. And I think 220 pounds is a whole lot of goat. I hope never to run into that goat.If I were the mean sort, I'd say: in this photo the Widge is standing with goats at the upper and lower ends of that range. Anyway, the goat was a big hit, but fuzzy animals tend to consistently beat out feathery ones.

And to continue our adventures in agriculture, we picked peaches!
I think this is the same shirt I wore apple-picking last year. You'll just have to trust that these are peaches. Lucky for you I don't have any photos from the hours we spent canning the peaches, during which the Widge conveniently napped.

But today we broke from all the farm-related hoopla to go to a state park, which is basically just like a farm, but without the lucrative growing. The Widge was happy, though, because nothing pleases a small boy more than running through the woods.
except cool playgrounds

and the presence of big lakes:

there were lots of boats. I promised Widgie that we'd come ride in one, but there should be two adults: one to keep the boat from tipping, and one to keep the Widge in the boat. Any volunteers for Widge-boat second mate? (Widge obviously being the captain, and I'm the first mate. Your title could be Ship's Pilot, if you prefer)

please also enjoy this photo of a spider web, which, I have been told is "Spider house. Spider live in there."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh, well, safe boating does require someone to be in charge of the boat not tipping over. Also, funny stuff about the turkey's ugliness in relation to cranberry sauce proximity. And, kudos to you for having a "harvesting" wardrobe. I would tease you more, but I have driving shoes, so you know.